Spruce Up Your Home, Your Way
Ways to spruce up your home
Making a house, your home takes a great deal of effort. From one of its kind furniture to beautiful drapes, show pieces to lighting, you need to do everything in a careful manner. After all, what houses your home, reflects your personality. So, whether you are doing-up your home for the first time or simply refreshing it, the fabric, print and design of your sofa, curtain, table runner and cushions, definitely matters. It can completely change the look of the room. If you wish to spruce up your home, your way, then choose that curtain fabric, carefully. That table runner can change the look of your dining table, so cherry-pick the one that will enhance the appeal of the table and the dining space.
Here are some things, which you need to keep in mind when choosing that fabric for dining table runner or living room.
1. Usage: Just because you like the look of a fabric, you should not make it a part of your home. Decide the purpose and then the fabric. If you have kids at home and plan to go for a light color fabric for your sofa, then you will need to have it changed, soon. Unless, if you don’t use the living room much. So, that white sofa with ikat design will be great at your friend’s house, but for your home, the requirement will be different. Assessing the use is important before you select the fabric.
2. Style & Setting: After you are clear about the use, then analysing the setting is important. Whether your bedroom has a rustic or contemporary touch? A cheerful polka dot, will it go well in your bedroom or your kid’s room? Does your living room have a formal setting or is it trendy too? Depending upon the setting, you should choose the style. A trendy, colourful, printed fabric will look good in a contemporary living room, while playing with muted colour palette will be nice for a formal set-up.
3. Fabric Design: Depending upon the room setting, you should decide on the fabric design. With options aplenty in plain and prints, you can easily give a complete new look to that old sofa. Trying something, trendy on a classic style furniture can be a good option. So, exploring all that’s on your mind will be a good head start. Upholstering that antique wingback chair in a colourful, floral print cover can make it contrasting and central to the room. You can also explore plain fabrics in bold colours for that striking appeal. But when considering patterns, you should consider the size of the furniture. So, small patterns can be great for small furniture’s. While, the potential of large ones will be shown on large pieces like sofa or curtains. You can also mix and match different patterns in the same room provided it will upscale the room look. Experimenting with big and small floral designs will be easy and the contrast will stand out. While, when it comes to geometric patterns, be careful as they can give a confusing look.
4. Colour: Whether you are choosing the curtain fabric or sofa upholstery is on your mind, colour will have a significant role to play. The colour sets the mood of the room, so make your choice wise. Tring different colours can be fun. But ensure they are in the same weight otherwise, it might just look mighty. Alternatively, adding a feature chair in a striking hue and texture can work and blend well with the overall décor. But you will need to choose the colour right ensuring it works as the accent piece in the room.
5. Texture: Pick what you would like to sit on and it should complement your room decor. There are various options when it comes to the texture like weave, tight, chenille or velvet. Otherwise, you can also explore organic fibers like cotton and linens or a polyester lookalike, which will be easy to maintain.
6. Durability & Other Features: When choosing the fabric, you need to ensure that you are buying a durable one that will grace your home for as long as you want. Other than this, go for sofa or fabric for curtains, which is easy to maintain. There are also water repellent fabric options.
Choosing the furniture fabric gives you the freedom to design your home, your way. You can carefully scrutinize before you make the choice and can get it made as per your whims and fancies. If upholstery, table runner, cushion or drapery fabric is on your mind, then browse through the trendy and traditional range at fabric for curtains at Deco Window. We have fabrics in various designs including abstract, solid, floral, geometric, damask and stripe, and you can use it to do up your home windows or furniture’s, just as you fancy.