Tips to Choose the Right Curtain Fabric
Guide to Choose the Right Curtain Fabric
Curtains make a room and are way more than a window dressing. The right set of window curtains can change the whole atmosphere and appeal of a room. Other than offering warmth and privacy, they definitely add to the décor factor. So, choosing the right set of fabric for curtains is a must. You need to view your windows from a holistic point of view, considering the colour, fabric, design, length and lining requirement.
Curtains add functional and aesthetic value to your home. This makes it essential that you decide the end aim of your curtains. This will help you in choosing the window treatment and making your selection of drapery fabric super easy.
Here are some tips that will help your fabulous homes embrace custom curtain solutions.
1. If your bedroom gets a lot of afternoon sunlight, then it is best to go for man-made fabric like cotton or linen. These fabrics don’t deteriorate or fade fast making it an ideal addition to a room, which gets a lot of sunlight. You can also explore the variety of cotton and polyester mix.
2. Privacy and view on your mind, then consider the variety of sheer curtain fabrics. They ensure the natural flow of sunlight in your room, giving a luxe and opulent touch. Moreover, sheer curtains add to the space factor and are easy to manage and maintain.
3. Layering is in vogue these days and you can get the desired results by adding a blend of sheer and opaque variety. It will instantly add warmth to your room, giving a soft and elegant look.
4. If you wish to block the sunlight flow in your bedroom or living room, then you can go for 100% block out coated fabrics. The other alternative can be triple weave fabrics that facilitate some light filtering.
5. Add drama to your room with curtains. Yes, they literally have the potential to add interest and personality. So, you should bring patterns and colorful curtains to play to have an interesting and vibrant room.
6. Give a dressy touch to your windows with silk, jacquard and velvet drapery. It can add a magnificent touch to your room while giving a beautiful texture. But if maintenance is an issue with you, then go for jacquard ones instead of velvet, which you will need to get dry cleaned.
These tips will come useful in deciding the right designer fabric of curtains for your home. For each room, you should explore a different variety as the requirement and purpose will be different. Moreover, the right window treatment should be given precedence when you go for customized ones. If you are buying the fabric and getting the curtains made, then choose the best as per the room requirement. Take the dimensions of the window frame and get a tailored look.
If buying curtain fabric and curtain shopping are on your mind, then you will have a lot to choose from Decowindow. Design each window different from the others and give the touch you aspire with fine quality, curtain fabrics from Decowindow.in. From something subtle for your living room to the vivid interplay of colours for your bedroom, you can give an exquisite touch to your home windows. Pick geometric patterns for a dining room and stripe ones for a second room. Give a touch of royalty with polyester silk curtains in your family room and red cotton curtain in your kid’s room. There are options aplenty and you will have a fun time designing your home windows. So, start browsing and selecting the best curtain fabrics for your home to give it a distinct and discrete look.