Window Valance & Beyond
Planning to give a classy and elegant touch to the home windows? Then, think about window valance and beyond. Valances are the perfect way of imparting a different, subtle look to the windows. Purely decorative in nature, valances are your go-to-option if you love the view from a particular window. Decorating only the top part of a window frame, valances offer you an unspoiled view. Here are some tips on decorating with window valances.
1. Hone your Existing Drape: If you wish to make changes to your existing drapes, then adding a colourful, decorative window valance can be the perfect option. It is an easy and elegant way of giving a makeover to the curtains. Coming in an array of options, you can add more colours, texture to the room with valances. You can explore a valance in a contrasting streak to highlight it. But, if blending the curtain and valance is on your mind, then you can opt for them in the same colour, pattern and design.
2. Decorate a Small Window: That little passage window from where you can sit and gaze outside for hours! The small kitchen window giving you a billion-dollar view! You don’t want to let go of such a view, but designing that window is on your mind. Then, give contemporary valance a try. They can beautify that little window while offering you an unperturbed view. Covering only the window top, a valance can add to the beauty without impacting the view that little window offers.
3. The Size Does Matter: When you buy a window valance, you need to think about the proportion. If you buy one, which is too long it will cover the area, blocking the lovely view and preventing sunlight from filtering inside. So, when it comes to valance curtains it should be neither too big, nor too small, but just right. Ideally, a valance should be 10 to 16 inches long including the top heading and bottom trim.
4. Cover or Highlight the Window Hardware: You ended up getting a hardware, which you don’t like or you look that curtain rod so, much that you wish to highlight it? For both the options, a valance - window shutter can come to your rescue. Valances come in different styles and designs, and if you wish to highlight it, then you can opt for one, which does not cover the rod completely. But, the finials will show in both the options, so you need to choose it the right way.
5. Valance Style: In terms of Valance styles, you will be spoiled with choices. Valance designs have started to come in an array of flairs. But, the inspirations are drawn from these 4 basic designs including pleated, tabbed, balloon and gathered. For that fullness and country look to the windows, go for gathered valances, while for that elegant and formal set-up adding balloon valances can be ideal.
Hope these above tips come useful when decorating with valance is on your mind. If you are looking for window valance styles for that unique and refined treatment, then there are lots of options waiting for you at Deco Window. You can view the range here and give your home windows a distinct touch and feel.